- NomeMárcia Catarina Mendes Coelho
- Entidade de acolhimentoCITA-A – Centro de Investigação e Tecnologias Agrárias dos Açores
In this project, we propose a trans-national research project between the small islands of La Réunion (Mascarenes), Guadeloupe, Pico (Azores), La Palma (Canaries) and Tahiti (French Polynesia) by using bryophytes and ferns as bioindicators of global change.
The project aims to:
- Characterize the biodiversity of poorly known but rich groups of plants (bryophytes and ferns),
- Elucidate the processes which govern species richness and distribution along altitudinal transects (from the gene to community structuring), and relate them to life history and functional traits of species,
- Link richness patterns to environmental and spatial predictors along elevational gradients between the islands,
- Model the shift of species range with temperature and precipitation
- Establish permanent plots for long-term monitoring, managing responses for vegetation and raising new conservation directions for decision making.
- Community Structure of Epiphytic Liverworts of Pico Laurel Forest
- Distribuição de briófitos epífitos raros na floresta nativa da ilha do pico: resultados preliminares
- Bryophytes distribution along an altitudinal gradient of native forest in Pico island (Azores): preliminary results of epiphytic genera
- BC.P33. Water retention in Azorean native vegetation: the role of bryophytes
BC.P34. Transplanting the leafy liverwort Herbertus hutchinsiae as a conservation measure
- Water retention pathways in bryophytes: A characterization and quantification study in native vegetation of the Azores
- Espécies raras de briófitos ao longo do gradiente altitudinal de floresta nativa na ilha do Pico (Açores): o caso de Echinodium renauldii (Cardot) Broth.
- MOVECLIM: Montane vegetation as listening posts for climate change
- New national and regional bryophyte records, 45
- Long–term monitoring across elevational gradients (II): vascular plants on Pico Island (Azores) transect