- PROGRAMH2020 | PCP – Pre-Commercial Procurement
- DURATION47 months (01/01/2017 – 31/10/2020)
- GRANT AGREEMENT730098
- TOTAL BUDGET4 865 093,75€
- FRCT BUDGET143 937,5€
Bridging Innovative Downstream Earth Observation and Copernicus enabled Services for Integrated maritime environment, surveillance and security
Aim of the project
MARINE-EO teams up a group of 5 maritime authorities (Buyers Group) and a group of 4 prestigious scientific and technical organizations with significant experience in EO and maritime matters (the technical advisors) to achieve the following objectives:
(1) Develop, test and validate two set of demand-driven EO-based services which cover Marine Monitoring and Security Copernicus thematic areas, adopted on open standards, bringing incremental or radical innovations in the field of maritime awareness and leveraging on the existing Copernicus Services and other products from the Copernicus portfolio,
(2) Propose a set of “support” / “envelop” services which will better integrate the above-mentioned EO and Copernicus-enabled services to the operational logic and code of conduct. Such services shall also bring “closer” the demand side (Public Authorities – PAs) with the EO data providers (Copernicus – contributing missions) and EO data experts and analysts (Service providers/ industry and SMEs) creating a dynamic environment for a single digital market to grow,
(3) Strengthen transnational collaboration in maritime awareness sector by facilitating knowledge transfer and optimization of resources for the public authorities which, participate in the buyers group. Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) is a powerful tool to tackle these three points under one single joint initiative, and this is why MARINE-EO is in an excellent position to reinforce future capabilities.
Impact on the Azores Region
FRCT is leading the WP8 – Communication, Exploitation and Dissemination of Results, and it is also responsible for 3 project tasks, namely T8.4 IPR, Licensing and Exploitation Plan, T8.3 Communication and Dissemination Plan and T8.1 WP8 Management Plan. Apart of that, we are also part of the Buyers Group. Finally, the University of the Azores cooperates with FRCT, trough a subcontracting, to provide specialized technical assistance.