- PROGRAMAHorizonte 2020 | ERA-NET Cofund
- DURAÇÃO60 meses (01/11/2020 – 31/10/2025)
- Nº DE GRANT AGREEMENT101003758
- ORÇAMENTO TOTAL18 697 114€
- ORÇAMENTO DO FRCT99 215€
ERA-NET Urban Transformation Capacities
The sense of urgency for a rapid, sustainable transformation of our cities has never been greater. The current approaches to target urban challenges and meet different international goals are often fragmented and incoherent, as they are based on different ambitions and understandings of how cities and urban areas operate.
ENUTC aims at pooling resources from 16 participating research programme owners / managers of 14 countries to implement joint actions, including one main call and one additional call for proposals, in the area of urban transformation capacities.
The objectives of ENUTC are to:
- To enable capacity building in research, business, city administration, and society for urban transformation;
- To support integrated approaches and solutions for sustainable urban development for the three topics of ENUTC: Urban circular economies, community-based developments and urban innovation ecosystems, and robust and resilient urban infrastructure and the built environment;
- To support transnational, pan-European research networking, and community building and ensure synergies;
- To support activities which have a clear impact on transnational and evidence-based urban policies;
- To support research and innovation, which make clear progress to reaching targets of the international policies, goals, and missions.
Impact for Azores Region
Participation in this new I&D funding action is essential for international recognition of the region’s potential in the scientific areas of capacity building in urban transformation, as well as the competences of its research units, municipalities, and the valences that already exist or are under construction, allowing regional teams to participate in joint proposals within the framework of ENUTC calls.