Seeking the best biological control solutions against armoured scales (Homoptera: Diaspididae): An innovative approach to protect Ananas comosus L. Merr. (Poales: Bromeliaceae)
- NameVera Raposo
- Host entitycE3c – Centro de Ecologia, Evolução e Alterações Ambientais
- University awarding the degreeUniversity of the Azores
- To describe the population dynamic of the pineapple armoured scale.
- To describe the life-history traits of the pineapple armoured scale under different biotic and abiotic conditions.
- To describe the spatial dispersal pattern of the pineapple armoured scale.
- To determine the economic injury level (EIL) and risk estimation of the pineapple armoured scale to the crop.
- To characterize the Azorean guild of native natural enemies of pineapple armoured scale.
- To evaluate the performance of the most promising native natural enemies, viewing an augmentative strategy, under single or multispecific releases.
- To test and evaluate the long-term maintenance of sustainable populations of natural enemies in greenhouses.