- PROGRAMHORIZON Innovation Action
- DURATION60 months (01/01/2023 – 31/12/2027)
- GRANT AGREEMENT ID101093873
- TOTAL BUDGET26 510 550,50€
- FRCT BUDGET271 750,00€
Aim of the project
The R4C intends to make a significant contribution towards the transition to European climate resilience. R4C will provide innovative tools, linking new knowledge, technologies, and processes for informed decision-making, supporting European regions and communities exposed to significant impacts of climate change. The R4C main objectives are:
- Develop an operational structure, involving a wide range of local and regional stakeholders, providing tools to create, test, optimize, and replicate innovative and scalable solutions. These solutions will be adapted to each region, and will ensure greater regional resilience to the impacts of climate change;
- Scale and replicate these solutions through collaboration and “twinning” between front-runners and less experienced regions, regarding similar risks and climate impacts.
R4C will contribute overall to a climate-resilient society, adapted to the predicted impacts of climate change by 2050, based on large-scale technological and social innovations, providing enhanced adaptive capacity and minimized vulnerability to these same impacts, in line with the Paris Agreement and the European Climate Law.
Impact on the Azores Region
In the Autonomous Region of the Azores, the R4C will contribute to (i) reinforce and promote the principles of the Regional Public Policy on Climate Matters; (ii) identify and define priority areas to be developed, through the innovation of a climate-resilient regional society; (iii) improve literacy related particularly to climate risks; and (iv) generate technology-based innovation to mitigate climate impacts.