- PROGRAMDirectorate-General Environment | Call for Proposal
- DURATION45 months (01/11/2019 – 31/07/2023)
- GRANT AGREEMENT07.027735/2019/SI2.808239/ENV.D2
- TOTAL BUDGET1.499.282,00€
- FRCT BUDGET179.088,24€
From MOVE case studies to anchor projects- setting the ground to advance MAES in Europe’s overseas
Aim of the project
The work developed under the MOVE project highlighted the steps forward in the implementation of MAES (Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services) in Europe’s Outermost Regions (ORs) and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs).
The MOVE-ON project intends develop four Anchor Projects to advance MAES implementation in those regions. These projects will cover both marine and terrestrial ecosystems in different geographical locations and scales, encompassing all the spectrum from methodological development to decision-making support. The MOVE-ON project intends to contribute to the EU and International policies and goals, developing and disseminating good practice guidelines and policy recommendations for improving the health status of ecosystems.
Impact on the Azores Region
The MOVE project will make a concrete contribution to the exercise of the MAES approach (Mapping and Assessing Ecosystems and their Services). It is intended that the project will (i) provide tangible contributions from EU Overseas to the EU MAES initiative, (ii) test the integration of MAES methodologies (including the IUCN Red List of ecosystems) in specific territories and (iii) build on existing knowledge to create and strengthen a scientific and technical MAES community in EU Overseas.
With the development of an Anchor Project in the Macaronesia region, MOVE-ON will contribute to renewing and maintaining the involvement of the stakeholders in the RAA, as well as sharing relevant information on Azorean ecosystem and theirs services, supporting and empowering regional biodiversity policy and decision-making in the Azores.
- Achor Project Factsheets
- Final Booklet
- Deliverable 4.5 - Roadmap for the implementation of the ORs and OCTs Ecosystems Knowledge Network
- Deliverable 5.3 - Report and policy guidelines for a more effective implementation of EU and international policies
- Macaronesia Anchor Project Report
- French Guiana Anchor Project Report
- Reunion Island Anchor Project Report
- South Atlantic Anchor Project Report