- PROGRAMHorizon 2020 | ERA-NET CoFund
- DURATION72 months (01/01/2019 – 31/12/2024)
- GRANT AGREEMENT825664
- TOTAL BUDGET33 438 899€
- FRCT BUDGET100 000€
ERA-NET to support the Joint Programming in Neurodegenerative Diseases strategic plan (JPND)
Aim of the project
The ERA-NET Cofund JPco-fuND2 derived from the EU Joint Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) and has emerged in response to the need to tackle neurodegenerative diseases in the context of the major societal challenges that Europe is facing. This action continues the JPND activities performed during 2014-2019.
JPco-fuND 2 will enable the coordination of national and regional programmes for research in the area of neurodegenerative disease research at three different levels:
- The ERA-level, by delivering a transnational call with EU-cofunding, resulting in grants to research groups with a view to scale-up the implementation of the JPND Research Strategy;
- The JPND-level, through the annual transnational calls for proposals and alignment actions/action groups without EU co-funding on the various topics emerging from the renewed Research and Innovation Strategy; and
- The Member Country-level, by helping to implement and link National Plans and Strategies.
Impact for Azores Region
FRCT participates in this ERA-NET Cofund action as a funding agency, facilitating the regional research team’s participation and funding in transnational consortia tackling the research in neurodegenerative diseases (e.g. Machado-Joseph, Parkinson, Alzheimer).