- PROGRAMINTERREG MAC 2014-2020 | 2nd Call
- DURATION32 months (01/01/2020 – 31/08/2022)
- GRANT AGREEMENTMAC2/2.3d/335
- TOTAL BUDGET899 337,22 €
- FRCT BUDGET57 822,02 €
Creation and implementation of first Digital Innovation Hub dedicated to the Future technologies for technological acceleration of small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) of Macaronesia
Aim of the project
The FiiHUB project, reference MAC2/2.3d/335, funded by the INTERREG MAC Cooperation Program (Madeira-Azores-Canary Islands) 2014-2020, aims to foster interregional cooperation for the smart growth of the regions of the MAC Space under axis 2 – improving the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), by supporting the ability of SMEs to grow in regional, national and international markets and by supporting their innovation processes.
FiiHUB intends to develop a center capable of supporting SMEs in their digitization processes. This project aims to facilitate the connection between the Macaronesia Digital Ecosystem and the European Digital Innovation Hubs, through the FIWARE Digital Innovation Hubs community (FIWARE iHUBS).
These Digital Innovation Hubs aim to be a “one-stop-shop” for SMEs, aiming to:
- Promote business and technological cooperation, for the development and implementation of new business models;
- Offer support services to companies through the exchange of information and business opportunities through the iHubs network;
- Improve the financing capacity through European funds based on FIWARE and facilitate communication between companies, potential investors and customers;
- Direct support to companies through a series of services and exclusive features on FiiHUB.
Impact on the Azores Region
This project allows the RAA to be aligned with the European agenda for the digital transition, through the creation of a Digital Innovation Hub in the Azores (Digital Innovation Hub – DIH). The Digital Innovation Poles function as “One-stop-shops” with the objective of stimulating the digitization of both companies and the public sector and, consequently, increasing regional competitiveness.