- PROGRAMCoordination and Support Action
- DURATION34 months (01/06/2019 – 31/03/2022)
- GRANT AGREEMENT731117
- TOTAL BUDGET€ 1.499.437,50
- FRCT BUDGET€ 40.875,00
Widening participation of countries and stakeholders in JPI Urban Europe through capacity building in urban policy, funding and research
Aim of the project
EXPAND II intends to support the implementation of the JPI Urban Europe Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda 2.0 (SRIA 2.0) and advance the R&I programme by
(1) supporting JPI Urban Europe’s widening activities towards new countries, regions, stakeholders and partners,
(2) facilitating the transition from SRIA 2015 to SRIA 2.0 in terms of enhancing formats, instruments, strategic partnerships, and programme management, and by
(3) improving availability and accessibility of research results for cities, funders, policy and decision makers.
Since transformations to sustainable and liveable urban futures depend on a broad commitment and co-creation among a diverse set of actors, the identified challenge to be tackled by EXPAND II is widening the community and building capacities in research, policy and society at large. In this sense, the project targets Widening Countries in particular with the aim to establish national and regional dialogues and processes, mobilise R&I communities dealing with sustainable urban development, intensify strategic relationships of urban stakeholders on transnational level and assess national and regional programmes and instruments for transnational R&I cooperation.