Marine non-indigenous species in the Azores: environmental and molecular assessments
- NameAna Margarida Ferreira Lima Rodrigues
- Host entityCIBIO/Açores – Núcleo do Centro de Investigação em Biodiversidade e Recursos Genéticos, InBio Laboratório Associado
- University awarding the degreeUniversity of the Azores
This project aims to contribute to the study of marine non-indigenous species (NIS) in the Azores and includes three main objectives:
- Application of molecular tools for detection of marine NIS;
- Assess the impact of marine NIS on native benthic communities in oceanic islands;
- Assess the risk of arrival, dispersal and settling of NIS in the archipelago of the Azores.