Climate change: economical interest of carbon dioxide mitigation by phytoplankton producing agriculture fertilize
- NomeFrancesca Gallo
- Entidade de acolhimentoCCMMG – Centro de Estudos do Clima, Meteorologia e Mudanças Globais/ CITA-A – Centro de Investigação de Tecnologias Agrárias dos Açores
” The main goal of this project is to determinate the economical value of phytoplankton in CO2 mitigation by producing an agriculture fertilizer.
Moreover, the specific goals are:
- maintain productive phytoplankton cultures in different medium to analyze their growth rate and the optimal medium;
- test the CO2 uptake ability of the different species of phytoplankton and choose the best ones;
- determine the elemental composition of each species of phytoplankton in order to find the most efficient for agricultural use;
- test the use of the two best species of phytoplankton and traditional fertilizers in the development of short-term lived plant(Fragaria ananassa, Lactuca sativa, Raphanus sativus).
Determine an economical and environmental value from use of phytoplankton by carbon dioxide sequestration and agriculture fertilizer. “