Biogas production and optimization by anaerobic digestion from biomass.
- NomeMohamed Abdallah Moselhy Beshr
- Entidade de acolhimentoCITA-A – Centro de Investigação e Tecnologias Agrárias dos Açores
The main objectives of this project are:
- To test the biogas productivity from different biomass resources as separate substrates in comparison with co-digestion technology at laboratory scale.
- To optimize biogas production from the most promising substrates by improving some fermentation parameters.
- To scale up the biogas production from the appropriate substrates under optimized conditions.
- To reduce green house emissions.
- To recycle of local resources to clean up the environment.
- To convert of organic wastes into high quality fertilizer.
- To improve hygienic conditions through reduction of pathogens, worm eggs and flies.
- To disseminate biogas technology in the regional society.