Marta Borges Martins do Vale
Adaptative Value of the Egg-Laying Strategies in Ladybirds (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae)
CITA-A - Centro de Investigação e Tecnologias Agrárias dos Açores
- ” To compare the temporal segregation of the egg windows in ladybird presenting distinctive egg-laying strategies.
- To characterize and cartography the egg-laying behaviour of Scymnus nubilis.
- To determine how ladybirds with different egg-laying strategies allocate resources to reproduction as a function of food available.
- To evaluate the ovarian dynamics of two ladybird species presenting a distinctive egg-laying strategy.
- Testing the value of egg-laying strategies as a defensive mechanism against intraguild predation (IGP) and cannibalism (CNB).”